Okay okay okay. You may be thinking “UH WHAT” by the fact that I’m talking about engagement rings right now (before actually being engaged)…and I AM TOO. Is this taboo? I feel like people hide their engagement plans before they actually get engaged. Which is totally fine, no judgement from me! But I thought it would be fun to pull back the curtain and talk about when we started thinking about getting engaged, how we decided on the ring, how we are paying for it (another thing people never talk about!), and other topics around engagement. It’s fun, and I want to document this period in my life so that I can remember it!
We’ve known for years now that we want to get married, but pushed off really thinking timeline until after I graduated in 2018. Once I moved here last June (and we moved in together), I think it hit us that an engagement was something we could actually start seriously talking about which was exciting for me!
For us, an engagement is a promise and a commitment, but that is one we somewhat already took when we moved to California to start our lives together. We already share a bank account, live in a studio apartment, own a car together, and help eachother pay the bills while he endures medical school and I work.
Dani and I have known for a long time this is the step we want to pursue next in our relationship, and, being employed in this industry as a wedding and elopement photographer, you know I’m constantly looking at wedding and engagement photos!! So, naturally, I had a lot of ring inspo that is going into the final design of the ring that I’m having built…eee! Today, I want to share with you a sample of the engagement rings that I loved and what drew me to them!
Hold up…don’t you want to be surprised by the ring?
To be honest, no I don’t. I want it to be something I love, and since we are resetting a family diamond, I sort of get to build the ring from scratch (with the exception of the diamond which will remain unchanged). Dani and I have been doing it together and its been really fun.
The Engagement Rings
- Pavé bands (where small stones are set close together in the band) so dang gorgeous. That’s what really stood out to me about this ring. I also really loved the gold, and struggled between deciding on the metal type I ultimately wanted.
2. I loved the simplicity of this engagement ring and the thicker band.
3. This was by far one of the more unique engagement rings that drew my eye. The band is so intricate and beautiful!
4. The top ring really drew my attention! I love how the side triangular diamonds really highlight the central one, and then the simple gold band is so pretty.
5. Halos…I went back and forth on this so many times! I think the halo is such a beautiful look on some engagement rings, and I tried on a few halo rings that I loved.
So stay tuned, because what I did decide on is coming at sometime soon!!! 😉 Once the ring is made and in Dani’s hands, what happens next and when is up to him! 😉 Which ring in this post is your favorite? Lemme know in the comments!