A visit to Ulta or Sephora is a painful experience as a college student because you want everything but your wallet and bank account know better. That being said, I still love to treat myself every once in a while to a new makeup, hair or beauty product and have quickly found which are my favorite to buy while on a college budget.
(Important note: This post contains affiliate links meaning that if you purchase an item through my link, I get a few cents! This will not affect the price you pay and you definitely aren’t required to purchase through these links but if you do, I thank you for supporting Endless May! You can read more in my disclosure.)
Let me start by saying that I am a true believer that the best beauty essential you can have is a positive attitude and smile. I definitely don’t think you need these products or any products to be beautiful. That being said, I think makeup is fun and I enjoy wearing it for myself.
“True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”
- The Cover Girl Lashblast Fusion mascara has been my go-to for probably six years. It doesn’t clump, is long lasting, and doesn’t pull out my eye lashes! Plus, I love how full it makes my lashes look and it is less than $10. Recently, I tried a new, more expensive mascara and I was so disappointed. It didn’t even compare to this one! I could go on and on about this mascara and honestly, if it ever is discontinued I will happily buy a lifetime supply. You can buy this at any drug store or at Ulta. You can also find it here on Amazon.
- Ask any of my friends and they will tell you how much I hate showering. That’s why dry-shampoo is a must have for me, especially when I have early morning classes and don’t want to shower beforehand. I love the Batiste Dry Shampoo because it doesn’t leave my hair a weird grey color and it smells ah-mazing. This Floral & Flirty Blush scent will make your sad, un-showered hair come to life. Now, you have an excuse to not shower (guilty as charged).
- NYX products are my newest obsession. They are so affordable and they really work well for me! I have never found a NYX product I haven’t liked. My first favorite item from NYX is the Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese (I know, that is the grossest title for a color ever but it really is a great product). It is less than $6.50 and works really well as an eye shadow base or inner eye highlighter. In my personal opinion, it works way better than the Urban Decay eye shadow bases which are $20! These eye pencils come in a variety of different colors.
- The other NYX product that I love is the Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Chardonnay Shimmer (much better naming on this one). This highlighter is lightweight but has great pigmentation. Like the eye pencil, it comes in a lot of different colors and hues.
- If I could afford to get my nails done every week, I would. I HATE doing my nails because they always end up messy and chip a few days later. Still, it is fun to do my nails every once in a while and I love Essie polishes. I got this color, Sand Tropez, earlier this summer and I love how simple but elegant this color is. My favorite part about Essie polishes is how fast they dry and that I don’t need more than one or two coats. They also are long-lasting and don’t chip easily.
- My last beauty essential is the Smith’s Rosebud Salve. Like the Covergirl mascara, I have been using this for years. I love the subtle red tint, smell and feel of it on my lips. It is nothing fancy but it is definitely something I use on a daily basis (you can tell by how the label is starting to rub it off where I squeeze it!)
Great article! I recently discovered NYC’s big bold full impact mascara. It works great and really makes my lashes look fuller. And the best part is the low price!
That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for new, affordable products so I will have to check this out 🙂
Comments are closed.