Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and while it is great to show your friends, family and significant others how much you love them, it is also important to remember who you should be giving the most love to-YOU!
Too often, life gets busy and we let ourselves take the blow. Too much homework? Stay up later. Stressed about that upcoming midterm? Skip the gym to study more. We are always putting ourselves and our priorities last! In honor of Valentine’s Day, I will be sharing ten ways to show yourself some love. Turn on Love Myself and read away!
- Self reflect and write a list of things you love about yourself! This is not the time to be shy or humble. Write why you love yourself. If you are having trouble coming up with any (which you shouldn’t because you are awesome), reflect on why you think this is the case.
- Buy yourself your favorite treat! Obviously this isn’t something you should do every day but if you really love chocolate ice cream, treat yourself and buy a cone!
- Take time to do your favorite activity-and don’t feel guilty about ‘wasting time’. By doing something you love every day, you are reducing your stress levels and allowing yourself to have some fun. For me, I love photography so I try to whip out my camera at least once every week and take a few shots.
- Set a bed time alarm (and stick to it). Try and set a ‘bedtime alarm’ that will go off when it is time for you to sleep! When I set a bedtime for myself, I am much more likely to stick to it then when I generally think ‘I am going to go to bed early tonight!’.
- Open up to someone. I don’t know about you, but I have a really hard time showing people my true feelings. Often, when I am feeling down, I hold those feelings inside. However, by opening up to a trusted friend, you are able to get things off your chest. I know whenever I do this, I feel so much better about a situation that is upsetting me!
- Stop that negative self talk! By thinking negative things about yourself, the only person you are hurting is YOU!
- Hang up affirmations in your room (or think them to yourself!). I have a little sticky note that is on my mirror that says “You are beautiful!” and some positive sayings above my desk that keep me motivated. Change those negative thoughts from #6 into positive ones!
- Wear clothes that make you feel good about yourself. I like to wear clothes that make me feel confident and happy!
- Take time to sit and listen to music- without doing work! This is a good time to reflect on your list from #1!
- Make self care a priority. Remember, you are important and you deserve to take time for yourself!
Lot’s of love!
I love the idea of a bedtime alarm! Wonderful list 🙂
Thank you!! The bedtime alarm has really helped me stay on track (now the trick is getting all my homework done before!)
Comments are closed.